Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Art of the Mondo

Mondos appear to be a lost art. The "mondo" was defined in the Fifth Edition Introduction as a statement having the property that
however much you think about a mondo it makes no sense - even clamps and pliers cannot get hold of it. Yet at the same time, if it is a good mondo, the longer you think about it the more it seems like it ought to make sense - although you can never figure out why.
That seems like a real shame to me, but I'm one of those old-fangled people. Be that as it may, I'm going to try to resurrect this practice. Here are a few to get started with:

1. Remember: just because grass is green, doesn't mean green is.
Alternative emphasis:
Remember: just because grass is green, doesn't mean green is.
Remember: just because grass is green, doesn't mean green is.

2. Even if you tell the tree to sing, the birds sing in their own key.

3. We may discover that when our path is blocked, our choices become our own.

I'm not actually sure if these are any good, because like I said, no one seems to write them anymore. But they work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment